Thursday, September 17, 2009

End of Summer 2009

It's been a while since I've been able to post. This summer has been so great! As much as I'm sad its just about over, we've been so fortunate to have lots of opportunities to get out and enjoy the nice weather and go up to the mountains. Here is some stuff we've been up to.

One weekend Andra, Dustin, Jaime and I drove up to Evergreen Speedway in Monroe to watch DriftFest. This is Jaime's FAVORITE sporting event of the year (surprisingly it beats Supercross in his opinion). It is nothing less than amazing to watch these cars go 90 MPH sideways and only inches away from the other car! I would pay money to ride along with one of these drivers. I mean, Jaime can drive/drift pretty good, but these guys were incredible.

Jaime and I watching the show.


Burning rubber around the "S" curve.


Andra and I watching the show. (we stole the boys' hats)


Of course we've been out dirtbiking as much as possible. I think we made some kind of record this summer of the number of weekends we spent riding.

Jaime and Kevin scoping out our campsite up at Little Naches.


Ready to start unloading.


Since Jaime got his "street legal" dirtbike a couple months ago, I've been a little jealous. Something inspired Jaime to go look through all of our dirtbike titles and he found a 1-in-a-million chance clerical error on my older TTR125L title. In the "notes" section where it's supposed to say "Not for street use" it was BLANK. So he called up the DOL and just as he'd expected, that makes my bike legal to register for road use!! I went to the DOL the next day and spent 45 minutes with a very confused employee but I walked out of there with a license plate for my bike. So now we'll be able to ride the hundreds of miles of Forest Service roads without getting hassaled by the rangers.


We've had some injuries these last couple months. Jaime's were within 2 weeks of eachother too. One day after work, we decided to go for a quick ride over at Ravensdale. As we were heading back, it was getting a little dark in the woods and somehow a sharp jagged branch sticking out into the trail jammed Jaime right in the neck. He was pretty freaked out that it went into his neck because there was blood on his hand when he grabbed at it. LUCKILY it hit at a perfect angle that just scraped him up real good.
Here's a couple pictures of it the night it happened and the day after. It also scraped his chest and shoulder but I didn't get pictures of those.


About a week and a half after that, I get a phone call from Jaime while I was work telling me he was just getting discharged from the ER. I of course got all worried and frantically demanded details on what happened to him. He was at work cleaning up some tools, and while putting them away, his whole tool box fell over on him. He picked it back up but in doing so, a brand new box cutter had sliced his finger very deep. (I almost passed out just from him telling me the story.) Anyways, he had a co-worker take him to the ER where they put 6 or 7 stitches in it. The cut wrapped all the way around his finger. The Dr. was very suprised at how deep it went and said he may never regain feeling in his finger tip.

Here is the least-nasty picture of his finger about 2 days after.


Good news is.....he does have feeling back in his finger tip! And no more of those stupid box cutters that don't retract.

I've had my share of pain too. Just last Thursday/Friday, I had my 4th kidney stone episode. I hate these little things so much. They are SOO painful! This one I started feeling about 2 weeks before, and then one day at work I felt like someone was stabbing my side and back with thousands of hot jagged knives. I knew pretty much right away what it was. Suprisingly, I didn't have to go to the emergency room for this one. Maybe my pain tolderance is getting higher or something, but a couple of Jaime's left over percocet was enough to get me through it. This one was a little smaller than my last, but still pretty big at about 5mm.


Alright enough of the gross injuy stuff. Back to fun stuff. On September 12, Jaime and I celebrated our 8 year "Dating Anniversary." It's amazing how fast time flies by. For our anniversary we went out to Deep Lake (with Andra) and spent the day swimming and floating around in our rafts.

We docked up to this small point that Jaime calls "Jaime's Island."


Us standing on the jumping log.


Me diving into Deep Lake.

Later, we met up with Dustin and the 4 of us went out to Ravensdale to watch a beautiful sunset.

Here's the view from a nice view spot we found.

Awwhh...8 years later.....
Then we hit up Dairy Queen. If you haven't already tried the Cookie Explosion Blizzard, DO IT!!

Our last camping trip up to Little Naches was Labor Day weekend. Even though it rained most of the day and we got hassaled by the Yakima Sheffif, it was a lot of fun. We got some muddy dirtbiking in too. (Sorry no pictures of the that. I didn't want to ruin my camera)
At night, the skies cleared up and there was a full moon. It was so pretty! The moon and stars are so bright up in the moutains that it actually cast shadows. You can walk around with no flashlight and see perfectly well.
One night we decided to go for a drive up the forest service roads with a spotlight looking for elk and to get some firewood.
Bon and I sat in our chairs in the bed of Dustin and Andra's truck.

We got to see about 5 or 6 elk. Only females though.....the bulls must have been hiding.

Bon and I goofing off while the boys cut up all the firewood.


Another picture of me and Jaime.


I have no specific reason of posting this picture other than I just love it! Most of you know Jaime has a hard time making normal faces for the camera. So I was very happy to get such a cute picture of his perfect smile! Well, that's it for now. Hope you enjoyed the pictures!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Man, those stitches are NASTY! I can't believe how big your stones are Emma! I wish I could catch any of mine, but thank GOODNESS I haven't had anymore, knock on wood, for a while now.

Guess what I am doing different, NOT drinking lots of water anymore. I swear Puyallup water has the stones IN IT!!!