Thursday, September 2, 2010

Golden Birthday...Hinckley twin style


This year, Andra and I had our golden birthday!!!! We turned 26 on June 26th. We planned a big trip down to the Oregon Coast to celebrate the occasion. At first, it was just going to be me, Andra, Jaime, and Dustin. But as it got closer to our birthdays, it turns out Mom, Dad, Brent, and Aaron were planning on going too! How awesome! The only thing that could've made it better was if Damion and his family could have made it out there. But unfortunately, it was too late of notice for them.

The whole gang (minus Dad who's taking the picture) on Fogarty Creek Beach.

Jaime bought Andra and I tiaras that said "QUEEN" on them to wear the whole weekend! You can't really see them too well in this picture.
We drove down the long way through Astoria to highway 101 so that we could stop at the Tillamook cheese factory. We got some ice cream, and stocked up on some squeeky cheese and then continued down the coast.

We couldn't have asked for better weather. As soon as we pulled into the parking lot at Surfrider, the clouds broke up and the sun came out. It was sunny the entire time we were there and the clouds rolled in as we left on Sunday.
We played on the beach, did some site-seeing, went whale watching, a little bit of shopping (lame! Not my idea.) and ate at some yummy restaurants.

Whale watching
Beach bums
Jaime making fun of people who do yoga on the beach. Haha.




We had some amazing ribs at this little BBQ place in Depoe Bay. I definitely recommend the place if you're ever in that area.

Riptide BBQ

Our birthday night was definitely one to remember. We first had a great meal in the Surfrider restaurant with the whole family with a spectacular view of the beach.

Group shot
Then we all went down to the beach and made a bonfire. We watched the sunset and hung out until the stars came out and the full moon rose. It was so beautiful!! I will never forget how pretty the beach was that night.

Fireworks!!
Yes, those are root beers we are drinking.

Once it got dark, I got this itch to go for a memorable night swim in the frigid Pacific ocean. At first, Andra was very VERY hesitant to join me and was like "There's NO WAY I'm doing that." I still decided I was gonna go for it. What better way to celebrate your golden birthday! So Jaime and Dustin went back up to our hotel room and got my swimsuit for me. (I would've just gone skinny dipping but I knew cameras were involved and some spectators so that wasn't the wisest idea.) When they got back to the bonfire, they had also brought Andra's suit for her!! After a few minutes, she decided she would forever regret not taking a midnight dip with me on our golden birthday. We changed, and in we went!! It was SOOO COLD!! But a fun great experience and I got my adrenaline fix.

Aaron even caught some of it on video. not many people can say they went swimming in the pacific ocean at midnight of their golden birthday under a full moon!..with their twin! If you have, HIGH FIVE!
After the swim, mom brought out a huge chocolate cake, ice cream, and whipped cream. Perfect. What an amazing birthday weekend. It will be hard to top.

Jaime and I at some cute restaurant along the coast.

The next day, we took a long way home and stopped for a few hours in Newport, OR to play on the beach. Aaron bough an insanely huge kite while we were down there. The kind that will literally lift you off the ground.

We all hung out on the beach, flew kites, and just enjoyed eachother's company and the beautiful Oregon Coast.

Overlooking Newport Beach, OR

Best birthday weekend ever!

2 comments:

Sara said...

AWESOME! Happy Birthday times two!

LaMar & Donna Davis said...

I am so glad you are still blogging! You need to talk to your
twin:):) I miss her blog!