Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Forgotten Post

My last post was an "End of Summer" post and I just found a couple more pictures from the end of summer.  So here they are!

Suntop Lookout
Anyone who knows me really well knows that Suntop Lookout is a very special place to me.  I have very fond memories as a kid going up there in the middle of the night to watch meteor showers, and going up for day trips with my family.  Even as a teenager, I took friends up there (and some dates) to enjoy the amazing views and sunset.  See?? This is what I'm talking about.
Anyways, another reason why this spot is special to me is because this is the spot our family scattered my Grandma Alberta's ashes back in 1999.  She always loved the Cascade Mountains of Washington.  It was a very special day and one that I will never forget.

And the final reason why this spot is special to me is because this is where Jaime proposed to me in August 2004! (also a day I will never forget).....I just realized I've never blogged about the story behind his proposal...so be on the lookout for that post in the near future! It's a good one.

Jaime, Dad, Mom, Donna, Brent, Jerry, and me (Aaron taking the picture)

My Aunt Donna and Uncle Jerry (Mom's siblings) were in town for a while in August so we decided to plan a  quick day trip up to Suntop Lookout to visit the site where my Grandma's ashes are. Coincidentally, this day we chose in the end of August was also the 7 year anniversary of the day Jaime proposed to me up there!  So it was a doubly special trip for me.  We got donuts and chocolate milk (in memory of Grandma Alberta) and had a nice little meal up there and reminisced about her.

Donna, Mom, Dad, Jaime, Me and Jerry.  Donuts and Chocolate milk

Exactly 1 mile above sea-level

Dad enjoying the breeze

HDR - Aaron, Brent, Jerry, Jaime, Me, Donna, Mom, Dad
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Labor Day the lifeguards quit for the summer, so after work Jaime likes to take his ramp and "lake-jumper" bikes to Lake Wilderness.  He sure draws a crowd of kids and onlookers.

Love the girl in the background. Haha


No comments: