Monday, July 21, 2008

I love Little Naches

Ever since Andra and Dustin moved here, we've been DYING to go camping! Before they get jobs, we figured we'd take advantage of a three day weekend and we headed out to Little Naches on Friday morning. The weather was perfect, we found a perfect camp site and went for a perfect ride. What a beautiful place! Here's a picture from our campsite.I could live out there for the whole summer if I didn't have to work and make money to pay stupid bills. Anyways, the ride wore us all out pretty good so we headed back to camp and hung out by the fire for the night. On Saturday, we got up pretty early and headed out riding again. Once the mid-day heat started, it was getting pretty hard to keep riding so we decided to go hang out at the Little Naches river. We layed out in the sun and jumped a 30 ft cliff into the FREEZING cold water. It was very refreshing. We hiked down the river for a while and then took a 13 mile drive up to Ravens Roost to watch the sunset. The view of Mt. Rainer and the Cascade Mountains was amazing. Photos don't even begin to do it justice. I hope everyone gets the chance to see a sunset like that. Here's a picture of a bunch of cool rigs that were up at the lookout watching the sunset.

Once the sun went down, it got cold REALLY fast so we headed back to camp to our warm campfire and let our bodies rest from an exhausting day.
I sure am glad my sister is back!! We haven't been able to go camping together since 2005!! I can't wait to go again.

2 comments:

Laura Jex said...

You both are Beautiful! It look like you guys had a fun time.... Oh the life I had when we didnt have kids!

LaMar & Donna Davis said...

Hi Emma!! You and Andra just look way tooo much alike!!! Andra seems so happy to be HOME! I am glad they have you and your husband to hang out with. Sounds like you guys have been having fun. I miss them sooo much, but I feel such peace knowing that they love each other and are active in the church and have Andra's family close! Give them a hug for me! Donna Davis