Friday, January 22, 2010

Grandma Rhoda memorial service

A couple weekends ago there was a memorial service held for Grandma Rhoda in Factoria. Many of our cousins and other family members from all over the country were able to make the trip out to Seattle. It was honestly one of the best weekends I've had in a long time. It was so good to see my cousins and to hang out and catch up with them. It had been probably close to 10 years since that many of us were able to all be together.
The memorial service was very emotional but absolutely wonderful. The entire chapel was filled with people that loved Grandma. I was even able to learn some things about her that I never knew.

Family photo after service 1/9/10
When I was growing up, we went to my Grandmas just about every Sunday evening and much more often in the summer. One of my favorite things we did there was have huge bon fires in her huge backyard! This weekend, the weather cooperated for us and allowed us to have two bon-fires.

The weekend went by way too fast. We cried, we laughed (until we cried), and just had a great time spending time together and remembering the wonderful life of Grandma Rhoda.

Jaime and I outside Grandma's house
1/9/10

No comments: