Saturday, July 9, 2011

Beemer photo-shoot

Aaron and I headed up to Mt. Rainier at 3am to watch the sunrise.  But the main purpose of our trip was so Aaron could take some awesome photos of my BMW.
On the way up there, it was still dark and there were a few spots along hwy 410 with huge elk just standing by the road.  Pretty scary since I've hit a deer before and knowing elk are like 3x bigger than deer.  At one point, we slowed to a stop and saw a huge bull elk with like 10 points on each antler.  I've never seen an elk that massive!  He sat up and watched us for a few seconds and then off into the woods he went.
Further into Mt. Rainier National Park, we saw a black bear!!!  I've never seen a bear in the wild before so I was pretty excited. (Thankfully I was in my car or else I would've been scared out of my mind).  Aaron got some pictures and even a video!....which I will have to post at a later date.
It was surprisingly cold up there and I was very glad that I wore a hoodie, gloves, and shoes.  I almost left the house in my normal summer footwear.....flip flops.  I would've been very upset with myself.  Anyways, the sunrise was very pretty.  Not a cloud in the sky!  Thankfully not many crazies go up there at 3am so there was no traffic and I was able to park my car in the middle of the road for pictures.  Here's a preview of what Aaron's done!  I can't believe how awesome they turned out.
This one is probably my favorite














Me and Mt. Rainier
Aaron taking some pics of the mountain
I think he should sell these to BMW or something.  Too bad my car is considered "old" so they'd probably have no use for them.  Kudos to Aaron for the amazing pictures.
Click here to see more of Aaron's Beemer pictures
I've got some other blogs to catch up on!  We've been very busy so far this summer.

No comments: