Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mt. Hood snowboarding trip

Timberline, Mt. Hood
One of the best things for me to "de-stress" is snowboard!! The mountains always calm me down and make me feel at piece. We (me, Jaime, Bon, Brent, and Aaron) were able to go to Timberline, Mt. Hood in Oregon for the weekend and we couldn't have asked for better conditions! The week before they got a couple of inches of new snow each day. Then on Saturday it was clear blue skies....every snowboarder or skiers dream day. Fresh powder and the most amazing views from over 8,000 feet. The upper lift (Palmer express) was open and the view from the top is worth the lift ticket alone.
We found some amazing back country spots that were the most fun snowboarding I've ever done. huge jumps and cornices to jump off of and deep deep light powder. We even found a natural 1/2 pipe.
After a full 7 hour day of snowboarding (with only one 15 min break to scarf down some food) we headed back to Gresham to our hotel. We all spent a good hour or so soaking our sore muscles in the hot tub and then ate lots and lots of pizza.
View of Mt. Hood from the parking lot on a perfect blue bird day.

Brent, Me, Jaime and Bon

Aaron, Brent, me and Jaime

Bon and I got lost in the back-country and had to hike out in this deep powder for about 45 minutes.
This is WHY we were in the back-country! Amazing jumps and cornices.

Some nice people built us a sweet jump. How nice of them!


Aaron hitting one of the jumps. His hair is out of control. Nice aviators.

Jaime going off one of the jumps.

Me coming down Palmer snowfield. I had just sprayed Aaron with a wall of snow. I hope that was your waterproof camera.....

Palmer snowfield with Mt. Hood in the background.


Jaime and I at the top of Palmer Express! What an amazing view. 8,540 feet above sea-level.

Bon and I at the top of Palmer about to go for a run.

Jaime and I about to head down the mountain.



No comments: